The Methodology of implementing Social Business Design concept is a complex task that goes beyond the software artifacts; it might analyze the actors and the life cycle of the social intervention within the business design.
It should answer a fundamental question: how the enormous energy spent by people for participating at the game proposed by the Social Networking Platforms can be used for economic development?
The implementation is becoming a methodology of transforming the useless SN energy into an useful energy for business or society; the captured energy should be useful for the community’s members as well.
The Social Business Design Approaches
1. Capturing approach (Business Driven Line)
The capturing approach is according to the “classical” concept initially defined by Gartner, that is focused on identifying the significant communities, asking it, aggregating the answers and including the community’s contribution within the business design. It respects from many perspectives the Social BPM concepts. The capturing approach contributes to optimization framework. The only additional elements are:
• The community identification and activation;
• Monitoring the effects produced by the changes on the elements of business design;
• Monitoring the communities contribution and accelerating the SNP functionalities;
2. Orchestration approach (Social Driven Line)
Orchestration approach is a more complex understanding of Social BPM. It uses the internal energy of the Social Networking Platforms in order to be deployed within the business. Social BPM plays the role of business accelerator for the social network. Basically it is an orchestration bridge between 2 or more identified communities that have a real and defined interest to collaborate together having also their internal dynamics. The orchestration approach can contribute to the development.
The orchestration approach keeps the concepts developed classically through capturing Model; however it emphasizes the following processes.
• Capturing (& Analysis) Process: are the processes of asking the communities about some critical and complex processes or (sequence) related to the business design. The community might be professional (experts) or diverse.
• Aggregating Processes: are the internal processes of validating the opinions delivered by the SN;
• Activating Processes: are the processes (some very complex) related to identifying the communities, setting some rules, accelerating (through selected inputs) the functions of the Social Network Platform and monitoring the level of activity.
• Monitoring & Improving Processes: are the processes responsible to BAM, reporting, metrics and identifying the bottlenecks or optimization requirements.
Both approaches have their own implementation methodologies as long as they are appropriate for different business models: labor or technology intensive business lines. Also, the approaches have an important technical influence in the field of SNP connectors design. For the first approach Capturing approach the connectors should follow the business needs related to a low level of integration; on the other hand the orchestration approach needs more complex integration tool as long as the Orchestrator uses the entire spectrum of Social Network Platform functionalities.